01 Apr Best Places to Live in Florida for Singles
Regardless of whether or not Florida has always been on your bucket list for retirement, or you’ve recently started your search for the best areas to retire and socialize, Florida has it all. With 633 miles of warm beaches, thousands of bars and restaurants, art and museums, all genres of live music, and plenty of nature and trails for biking and exploring, it’s no wonder why some of Florida’s cities have been consistently voted as one of the “Happiest places in the United States”. Read on to learn more about the best places to live in Florida for singles!
Fort Myers is about 80 miles south of Sarasota in Lee County and is home to the famous Fort Myers Beach that sits on Estero Island, a seven-mile coastline that has captivated its visitors from all directions. It gives 271 days of sunshine and averages 84 degrees Fahrenheit. Although Fort Myers also gives the gift of rainfall in the months of June to September, that locals call “liquid sunshine”, it’s offset by offering 9 months of sunshine.
- Ranked #2 in best places to retire
- More than a quarter of the population is over age 65
- The area parks, butterfly gardens, beaches, kayak rentals, jet boat tours, and inland Koreshan State Park has numerous hiking the trails and campsites
- Boating and fishing tournaments also fill Fort Myers’ calendar
- Sports enthusiasts can watch the Boston Red Sox and Minnesota Twins baseball teams during their spring training camps
- The median price of homes sold in Fort Myers is $167,250, just shy of $100,000 less than the national median price
- 50+ golf courses
- Under an hour away from the best matchmaking services in the state of Florida
- Home to reoccurring art shows, farmers markets, and car shows
- Home to Garlic Fest, Shrimp Festival Parade, Fort Myers Beach Film Festival, and Taste of the Beach, to name a few!
If you’re looking to live where most people vacation, Fort Myers is a great place to Live in Florida and especially, be single. Living in paradise will undoubtedly allow you to live your best life as your best self and meet your true love.
Naples offers 300 days of sunshine with an average temperature of 77 degrees Fahrenheit, 30 miles of beaches, and believe it or not, at a low cost of living… need I say more?
- There’s so much shopping to do in Naples, especially historic districts such as 5th Avenue South and Third Street South, both walking distance from the beach
- If you enjoy boating, add this to reasons why you’ll thrive here. Offshore cruising and fishing, beachfront landings, back-bay, and a subtropical climate that affords year-round opportunities truly make for a boater’s paradise
- If you enjoy golfing, Naples is known as the “Golf Capital of the World”. There are 70 Naples Golf Communities with a total of 97 golf courses and if you look at the entire southwest Florida area we’re approaching 150 golf courses!
- One in four residents are 60 years old
- Has the best matchmaking services in the state
- It’s the second healthiest city in the state of Florida
- Has the lowest crime rate in the entire state
- 1,000 arts and cultural events
You may not be surprised that Naples has time and time again been voted as one of the “Happiest Places in the United States”, proving to be one of the best places to live in Florida for singles. Naples has many things to offer including the lifestyle you’ve always wanted.
Sarasota is coming in hot at 251 sunny days at an average temperature of 82 degrees Fahrenheit, 35 miles of beaches, and at a low cost of living as residents don’t pay state income taxes and can receive a reduction in property tax each year for electing Florida as their permanent residential state. Additionally, Sarasota has low mortgage rates, low energy costs, and a thriving job market.
- Sarasota has some of the best healthcare in the entire state of Florida. It has four local award-winning hospital facilities. Sarasota Memorial Health Care System was rated as one of “America’s 50 Best Hospitals” by USNews & World Report as well as one of the “10 Largest Safe Hospitals in the U.S.” by Forbes.com
- Home of beautiful white sand beaches such as Siesta Beach and Lido Key Beach. Siesta Beach has consistently been ranked as the number one beach in the country
- Has a ton of annual events ranking it high for being single and being one of the best places to live in Florida, including the Sarasota Film Festival, Suncoast Food and Wine Fest, seafood festivals, and the Sarasota County Fair
- Is close to Disney World, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, and SeaWorld
- Average age is 45
- Has the best matchmaking services in the state
- Is home to Mall at University Town Center, which features more than 100 stores and restaurants in its 880,000 square feet of retail space. If that’s not enough, the Mall at UTC is also nestled between two shopping districts, District East and District West
Ranked 13th in Best Cities for Jobs by Forbes for 2018, it’s a no brainer why Sarasota is on our list of Best Places to Live in Florida for Singles. Read on to better understand which area in Florida is the best fit for you.
Tampa is easily on the list of Best Places to Live in Florida for Singles. The city was named one of the 5 best US cities! Even during the coldest months, the average daytime temperatures are around 70 degrees Fahrenheit, leaving the annual high at a mere 81 degrees Fahrenheit, topped off with 361 days of sunshine.
- Tampa is considered one of the top destinations in the world for golfers. Resorts like Saddlebrook Resort, World Woods Golf Club, and Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club are among the top destinations in the US for lovers of this sport
- According to USA TODAY, the most beautiful beach in the area belongs to Clear Water in Tampa Florida
- Bradenton, in Tampa Bay, is considered to be the number one destination in the United States for lovers of sushi
- Tampa Bay is known for its abundant green areas. Urban areas and wildlife are intertwined here in a unique way
- You can enjoy all year round a large number of sporting events, concerts, festivals, many of which are held under the open sky. Marinas, coastal restaurants and bars, romantic places to walk. Prices here are much better than in Miami, so you can afford much more goods and services with the budget you have
- Tampa ranks third in the United States as a destination where locals live an active lifestyle. They easily make the combination of movement and healthy eating an integral part of their lifestyle. According to the Tampa Bay Business Journal, the great prices in most local fitness centers is also one the reasons that encourage local people to live healthily
- Only one hour from the highest ranked matchmaking service in Florida
- Tampa is considered the best place for retirees in the US. You can start without a problem to build your new life here, and you won’t feel lonely or isolated for a long time, which often happens when people move to a new location
- The city ranks among the 100 most prosperous and fastest growing cities in the United States
According to the Tampa Bay Times, Tampa Bay stood out in the study because it’s a relatively cheap place to live — ranked at No. 11 in affordability. From downtown Tampa, you are about a half hour’s drive of not one, not two, but a dozen of the most beautiful stretches of sand in the world, which is why Tampa is proven to be one of the best places to live in Florida for Singles.
At an average temperature of 82 degrees Fahrenheit and 233 sunny days, Orlando Florida makes the list of best places to live in Florida for singles if you’re into the hustle and bustle of city life, population stands at 257,000, and the cost of living in Orlando remains surprisingly affordable despite the city emerging as one of the biggest tourist attractions in the state.
- Other than the fact simply residing in Florida allows year-round theme park adventures, Downtown Orlando is the region’s main city. Orlando is home to 37 city parks and 40 neighborhood pocket parks
- Guaranteed that fresh seafood might just be the tastiest benefit of Orlando living
- The Orlando Centroplex offers regular productions of touring Broadway shows, as well as one of the city’s shining attractions, Orlando Shakespeare Theater
- The closest beaches to Orlando are Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach and Cocoa Beach, and each is on the Atlantic Ocean (East Coast).
- Orlando’s median age is 36.8
- There are plenty of places to walk, including lakefront paths and wooded trails, as well as rental bikes downtown
- Shopping is incredible, The Mall at Millenia contains approximately 150 stores to browse, and is 2 miles away from Orlando International Premium Outlets
- Orlando houses more than 170 golf courses
- Has annual events such as Mount Dora Art Festival, Orlando Mardi Gras, Florida Film Festival, Florida’s Juneteenth Music Festival, Orlando Film Festival, and Florida Citrus Parade
- It boasts a fabulous restaurant and nightlife scene, and it hosts an array of festivals, parades, and high-profile events, too
- Is home to iconic skyscrapers, sports centers, theatres, art galleries, shopping centers, and parks
The Greater Orlando area has so many amusement parks that it has been christened The Theme Park Capital of the World, and we really can’t take anything away from a city that draws as many as 55 million visitors annually. Orlando placed on our list of one of the best places to live in Florida for singles because of the endless social activities in your backyard! There’s truly something for everyone, including your future special someone.
Best Places to Live in Florida for Singles
May happiness and fulfilment come with this guide so you can better decide where to reside in the wonderful state of Florida! There should be no doubt you will find your true love awaiting you in paradise. With so many people enjoying life in Florida today, partnering with Florida’s top matchmaker will dramatically help your chances of finding the one.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.